Saturday, February 18, 2012

So I Married a Birth Mother Retreat!

          Alright everyone. I know there are a lot of retreats for adoptive couples or birth mothers and/or anything having to do with adoption period. I have not seen any for birth mothers/birth fathers and or for those who have placed and are now married or thinking about getting married. I know that it is a pretty wide variety of what I am trying to seek out here but I think it is important to have it open to such a wide variety as they all come together in so many ways. And because of this I am seeking your help. I am looking for ideas in what you think are important keys in a retreat like this.

          I am wanting to start a retreat for Birth Mothers, Birth Fathers, and also Birth Mothers/Fathers who are married. I think it is important to have all these combined into one retreat as it will allow topics to hit both sides of the spectrum. Not only allowing Birth Mothers/Fathers to talk to married couples in how they dealt with dating after placement and also allowing couples to discuss with other couples about how they plan or planned on telling there future children or now children about there half sister or brother. I also find it important they talk about there adoption both open and closed and how they have handled it and the trials they have had to overcome.

          Now I know a lot of conferences and retreats do mostly classes on how to deal with certain subjects and everything. But I was thinking that yes the classes do help and are important but that it would be beneficial to have open class discussions away from the panels that are normally used. Now that I say that, don't get me wrong I think the panels are awesome and help in so many ways but I'm just looking for a way to really open up certain subjects that allow people to share there true feelings, ask the questions that they are really concerned about and allow personal bonding and making life long friendships with those who have been in there same shoes.

          Now here is where you come into play. I want your opinions and I want your advice. No suggestions or thoughts are wrong or non-helpful. Every thought and piece of advice is very helpful. I want to create a retreat that can really be held annually that people are going to want to come back to for years to come. I want to create a retreat that really touches close to home and allows friendships to be built, answers to be solved and hearts to be touched. NOW I want your thoughts, advice and help. Please you can either comment down below or write me @ imarriedabirthmother@yahoo.com I look forward to reading your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Hi I was googling for something like this as I'm a birth mom and want to marry and recently find myself attracted to someone and am wondering how to tell the person. When and if I should?
    Ps: I don't have any of the accounts below but can leave my email and will check back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I'd love to invite you to my fb group for birth moms/dads to talk about things like exactly what you just asked! Feel free to join : http://www.facebook.com/groups/thebeauti/
      Under facebook search: Beauti of adoption
      :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for contacting me. I have alot of posts on the main page regarding dating and telling your story and how and when to tell your story. I would recommend reading "The 5 Steps to Telling Your Story." If you have more questions or anything else you would like to talk about please click on the tab on top called "Ask us a question/Faq." it will send it directly to my e-mail and than I can write you back personally or discuss it further on the blog. Look forward to hearing more from you and discussing this with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea. I think people who are searching it might help to get together with others who are going through the same thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the information and that is a good thing.

    Birth mothers are very helpful now a days. Many birth mothers who want to place a child or is placing a child usually contact the adoption agencies who want to adopt the child. Now a days, many agencies are providing the service of adoption and there is an agency named as Adoption by Shepherd Care who is providing the service of adoption for Colombian children.

    ReplyDelete